Transportation for Maryland - Making Transportation work for all Marylanders
Transportation for Maryland is a broad based coalition of organizations, businesses and leaders from across Maryland. Our goals are:
- Transform project selection from a political process to one based on performance measures to achieve the highest state goals with increased participation and transparency.
- Create a great regional transit systems focusing on MARC commuter rail improvements and regional buses
- Demand the highest level of service and performance form WMATA, Maryland Transit Administration and MARC
- Develop a world class transit system for Baltimore and its region that meets the goals of the Opportunity Collaborative and increase opportunity throughout the region
This coalition focus on four strategies:
- State policy reform
- Develop new transportation expertise within more organizations
- Demystifying transportation planning and funding for elected officials and citizens
- Organizing at the state and community levels to increase participation and engagement in critical decisions
Joining Transportation for Maryland will keep you informed about transportation activities at the state and local level and provide ways you can engage in the efforts to create a world class transportation system in Maryland.